Friday 15 December 2006

The PDP Candidate

Just waiting anxiously for the outcome of the PDP Presidential Primaries tomorrow, I think Yar’ Adua will get it, everything points to it. Why else will IBB step down? The more I think about it the more I think choosing Yar’ Adua is a brilliant master stroke by OBJ. Yar’ Adua appears above board, he is humble and he performed as Governor of Katsina. Not just these, his choice by the PDP will take out Buhari in the North and will whittle down the influence of Atiku in the old PDM which was put together by the late elder Yar’ Adua, his choice is like a stake through the heart of Atiku!

But who will be his running mate? I don’t think OBJ will be stupid enough to put Andy Uba forward, not after the certificate scandal. Something tells me that it might just be Donald Duke, he like Yar’ Adua has not been tainted by sleaze or accusations of corruption. Some might be tempted to go for Odilli, but I just don’t see him getting it, because as we all know, the man is not above board

No comments: