Monday 18 December 2006

Woman with No Gender

This is the picture of a woman that failed a gender test! No she is not Nigerian. She is Indian and her name is Santhi Soundararajan (You will bite your tongue if you try to pronounce it!) She / He/ It was voted Female Athlete in India recently. Told of her failed test Soundararajan, refused to comment saying, “I was not informed about the test results and I don't know much on that. I do not want to talk about it”.

According to reports (this is the part I really find confusing) she passed a similar gender test at the Asian Track & Filed games held in South Korea last year. Question is: what has changed since then? First she was female and now she aint. This reminds me of the occasional genital disappearance stories in Naija. Somebody told me, a long time ago, that one of such devilish people was caught and found with various genital in a bag and was forced to return them to their owners and he even made the mistake of giving wrong ones to different people. Back to my story…was Soundararajan anywhere near those people in Naija that make genitals disappear? Was she given a male one back in error? I am really confused

No comments: