Saturday 16 December 2006

Suicide Bombers in Naija!!!


I almost fell out of my chair with laughter when I read the interview Teks Olumo (shown left), the self acclaimed leader of the Movement For the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) granted the Sun Newspaper. The interview shows Olumo for what he is; a confused and misguided area boy barking up the wrong tree. On one hand he makes the release of Asari Dokubo and Alamasiegha as condition for peace, but he goes on to agree that the cross dressing Alams was a thief just like other Governors. So why are you insisting that a thief be released?

Olumo who has been fighting the Federal Government agreed with the same Government by claiming that it is the Governors who are the problems of the Niger Delta. If this be the case, why then are they harassing and kidnapping oil workers? Apart from the politics of extortion what exactly does MEND stand for? The part that really got me laughing was when he said MEND will start sending out suicide bombers! Can you imagine the average I jaw area boy fat on ransom money volunteering to be blown up? I don’t think so!

No comments: